Life is all about choices. Even if you don’t believe you made a certain choice you are choosing not to believe. If you look at it in an empowering manner, you are in charge of your life , your time and your being.
So today, make a choice to love yourself and take care of yourself. The best thing you can do for others is take care of yourself. This may sound selfish initially, but if you take care of your health, eat right, exercise, meditate, your mind and body will respond accordingly and no matter how long you live, you can give your family, friends and society the best of you and that begins with you.
Emotionally healthy means that you acknowledge the power you have to be in charge of your own life, your own emotions and your own behavior. It is about your overall psychological well-being, about how you really feel about yourself, your relationship with the elements of life and how well you deal with life’s challenges.
We often take, taking care of ourselves for granted and then we scramble to treat the symptoms, this is akin to digging a well when the house is on fire.
Let us look at 5 easy steps to Good Emotional health and well being:
1. Balance is the key to a harmonized existence. Make a pie chart of the four areas of your life. Family, Work, Spirituality (your connection with yourself and God/universe), health/body. What part of the pie chart is needing more attention? Are you devoting enough time to your health, or are you neglecting that aspect of your life because too much is drained towards your work? Find ways to adjust your time where all areas of your life is balanced.
2. Taking care of your physical health is a very powerful step towards mental health. Improving your physical health will naturally boost your mental and emotional well-being. When you exercise it not only strengthens Your heart and the rest of your body, it also releases endorphins, that powerful chemical that invigorates and energizes each and every cell in your body and the emotional health gets a huge boost.
3. When things are getting too much to handle and everything seems to be awry and getting out of hand, here is something that you can do to stabilize yourself. I know, I always encourage “meditation” but today I am going to say, get out of your own head, your own self and do something meaningful for someone else, do something unselfish, something that will positively impact others. This will bring value to your life and build a healthy self esteem.
4. Play. We are never too grown up to play, the world is our playground. Enjoy, celebrate all your five senses, sight, sound, smell, touch and taste. Dance to your favorite music, hug people around you, smell the roses in your garden or enjoy the fragrance of the food cooking in your stove. Make little things joyful in your life, rejoice with old friends, make merry with the new ones, celebrate each moment with your heart and dance to the tune of the Universe.
5. Appreciate yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back and talk to yourself like a good friend would. Every morning when you wake up, think of one thing you appreciate about yourself and then you can start your gratitude list for the day.
Wishing you good emotional health and strength, you know where to find me.
You can also download some wonderful CDs from my website, if you want. The Chakra Balance is the current best seller.
Until next time, I am here if you need me.
Adwiti Subba Haffner