The word meditation can intimidate many, however, meditation is your natural state of being. Your natural state of being is love, peace and calmness, so why are we afraid to be in that state?.
Meditation is simply a way to becoming one with the Universe, and when you are breathing with the Universe, with Divinity, with Love your whole life is supported from within.
Find about 10 to 15 minutes where you are not disturbed and select one mantra for this meditation.
Mantra in Sanskrit is Man = heart, tra= instrument. So basically mantra simply means instrument of the heart. So lets us find a beautiful instrument , a simple sentence like “ I am love” or “ I am peace” or “ I am the universe” for this easy meditation. Allow yourself this bliss.
Let me help you with these 5 elementary steps to reach that state of calm.
1. Music can definitely assist you in changing your frame of mind. Put on some relaxing music , light a candle, if you wish and just start by feeling the music in your veins, every atom of your body, relaxing and calming down, your heart beat will start to slow down just a little, your breathing will become unhurried as you become one with the music.
2. Traditional meditation asks you to sit down in a certain position or be a certain way, wear certain clothes, I urge you to simply be in whatever position that makes you feel comfortable, the Universe does not care. Close your eyes if you wish and just find your heart center, like a lotus in your heart.
3. Now take a deep breath in….and deep breath out……..start a rhythmic breathing process. Breathe in slowly, easily, evenly, and deeply and then breathe out slowly, easily, evenly, and deeply. The mind is always in the past or the future, the breath summons everything to the “now” to the present.
4. Start chanting your mantra in your mind again and again, until you and the mantra become one. So if you are chanting “ I am love” start feeling the love throughout your being. You mind is a very good assistant and will deliver whatever you request. Request for peace, you become peaceful, request for Love, you become Love!
Meditation simply means connecting, communing with the Divine. It is not how you get there, but that you do.
5. Smile from your navel, consolidate your gains and take this calmness with you throughout the day. Meditate everyday and feel the difference in your life.
My wishes for you:
May you know that you are Peace
May you know that you are Bliss
May you know that you are Love
@Adwiti Subba Haffner 2011